6. Overcoming in the wilderness of this world





As you go through this world, you go through a wilderness of mysteries.

Often you have absolutely no idea how to fix the problem.

And when you finally realize how the problem can be solved, it often takes two or three visits before the technician ever finishes the project and makes the situation work properly.


*****


INTERNET



I need to do TV streaming from my bedroom where I am confined.

The Internet streaming is horrible in my house.

I was paying AT&T, the Internet provider, for 45 mbps Internet speed, but it would not continue streaming more than a minute or two at a time before cutting off and buffering.

Often a message would come on screen saying "Internet speed is insufficient to reproduce streaming on this station".

***

Finally, I called AT&T support to see what they suggested.

Support said I had plenty of Internet speed.  The problem was, in their opinion, that the modem needed to be moved to the center of my house.

I called The Soundwave and talked to Kurt about the problem.  Kurt sent Patrick to my house to investigate.  Patrick has worked with me for more than 10 years on sound and TV problems.

Patrick said I only had 22 mbps Internet speed at my house.  He said that is barely enough to send an email and there is no way you could stream TV with that speed.

Although I had been paying AT&T for 45 mbps speed, which should have streamed, I was only receiving 22 mbps in my house.

Patrick said it might appear to AT&T on their machines that I was receiving 45 mbps, but I was only receiving 22Patrick said something between my house and the AT&T server was blocking the speed.

In talking to Patrick I learned he receives 200 mbps Internet speed and I was receiving 22 mbps.

I was convinced the speed was the problem and not the placement of the modem as AT&T had thought.

***

The following day I came to my senses and called Patrick to see who his provider was for Internet.  

He said it was Suddenlink.  

I called Suddenlink immediately to discuss their Internet provision plan for 200 mbps Internet speed.  

I found it was cheaper than AT&T, where I was supposed to be getting 45 mbps speed and was only getting 22 mbps speed.  

My phone service had been with AT&T

When I bundled Internet and phone service with Suddenlink, I ended up paying approximately $74 per month for both phone and 200 mbps Internet speed.  

A&T was charging me $119 a month for phone and Internet at 45 mbps speed while providing 22 mbps speed.  

Instantly I subscribed to Suddenlink and canceled my service with AT&T.


***


THE INSTALLER COMES TO CHANGE THE INTERNET AND PHONE SERVICE





I was so happy to get this problem solved ... but the installer from Suddenlink was less than competent.




I find this happens frequently.  

The company sent a second installer, and this worked.  

I am delighted with the service.  


*****


MY FRONT DOOR IS VERY DIFFICULT TO OPEN



A considerable problem surfaced over my front door after my accident.  

I could not get to the front door when people came to my house.  I could not let them in.  

We began leaving the front door unlocked from 9 AM to 8 PM.  

This should have solved the problem, but it did not because it was so difficult to get my front door to open when you pressed on the door latch.

People, such as Meals on Wheels, kept leaving thinking the door was locked.

My contractor who built the house was called to my attention.  

I called Tom and he sent a young man over to change out the door latch.  

This should have solved the problem, but it did not.  Now the door would open easily, but it would not stay closed.  When the dead bolt door lock was unlocked, the door would come open automatically.  

My church friend tested the door and said she the door kept coming open when it was unlocked.  

I simply picked up the phone, handed it to her and said, "Call Tom and tell him the report you just gave me."

Tom said he would be over that afternoon personally to adjust that door.

The door now works.  


*****

When problems such as this occur a great many people just complain and murmur about the problem.  

If you do that, you burn up needed energy, which you could have used profitably to solve the problem.  

Take action quickly when there is a problem and continue to pursue the action until positive results have been accomplished.  

By doing that you close the door on destructive thoughts. 

If you try to ignore the problem or postpone taking action, you will open the door for troubling thoughts to enter your mind and overwhelm you.  

This is what a great many people do, and they end up hurting themselves.

(See book, "Dealing With Destructive Thoughts" by Joan Boney, Amazon, e-Book and paperback)


*****