7. Acknowledgment


ACKNOWLEDGMENT


God is my strength and power: and HE maketh my way perfect.  (2 Samuel 22:33)


For this God is our God for ever and ever: HE will be our guide even unto death.  (Psalm 48:14)


If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  (James 1:5)


*****

When Pam Padgett and I published our graphically illustrated guide to using a Kindle tablet in 2016, we needed a cover for the book.  

I turned to God and in fervent prayer said, "Please give us a cover for the book".

Almost immediately I was reminded of building blocks, the type children enjoy using.  

I pictured using the old 1930's, ABC building blocks.

But when I went to Amazon and looked at building blocks, I saw this rather spectacular modern set of building blocks which we ordered and used to design a book cover for our book.  




*****

In November, 2018, when Pam and I decided to write this current book on Handicap Helps, I turned to God again and begged HIM to give me a cover for the book.   

(I find writing to be very easy.  I do not find covers to be easy.)

Immediately, I knew to put the book in red background and to put the title in very shakey handwriting.  

Next I saw an image of an emoji that was beside himself, and I even saw his hair standing up sort of in an electric way on the top of his head, a person who was totally bewildered.  

And then I had the subtitle,
 "You want me to do what?" 


With this we had the book cover which I believe was given to us by God.



*****

I was totally delighted with the cover of this book.  

The face on the emoji was just exactly the way I felt inside when I returned home from the emergency room of the hospital after learning that I had several broken bones in my right arm and upper shoulder, and after I faced the overwhelming challenge of being unable to get from my chair to a porta-potty 8 inches from the foot of the chair, and had the most excruciating pain I have ever felt in my entire life.  

But best of all, the cover makes me laugh. 



***** 





*****